Yosi Kitchen: The Mediterranean Diet Cooked for You
Much has been written about the health benefits of the Mediterranean Diet. Based mostly on fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, fish and legumes, with some chicken and lots of olives and olive oil, the diet has been shown to lower heart disease risk, help with weight loss, improve blood sugar and stop inflammation.
These benefits are delivered to your local grocery store in every package of Yosi Kitchen foods. If you are busy, love Middle Eastern cuisine, or just want to be healthier, you have many good choices at your fingertips.
In my medical practice, I recommend a lower carbohydrate diet rich in vegetables, fruits and nuts. I encourage lots of healthy fat and protein. Fat is key to long-term weight loss as it gives you a feeling of being full and is so satisfying – fat doesn’t MAKE you fat, in fact quite the opposite. In the context of an appropriate calorie total, exercise, and high fiber carbohydrates and protein in your diet, fat will help you meet your weight loss and health goals. You will never have to go “low fat” again.
I have tasted many of Yosi’s creations and can testify that the ingredients are the best and the foods taste fresh and are full of flavor. Here are my top recommendations for long-term weight management and good health:
- Tahini – this is my top choice. A delicious combination of roasted sesame butter, garlic and lemon, tahini is satisfying and full of healthy fat, protein and fiber. Use it as a dip or add a little water and lemon for a delicious salad dressing. Tahini is also an ingredient in hummus.
- Babaganoush – a salad made from eggplant, this is a staple of Middle Eastern cuisine.
- Eggplant Salad – another way to enjoy eggplant with more vegetables and fiber
- Hummus – probably the best known Middle Eastern dish. Made from chick peas, tahini and spices, Yosi hummus is authentic and creamy in texture. With 4 grams of healthy fat, 2 grams of protein and only 3 grams of net carbohydrates per serving, hummus is a great snack or part of a meal. Enjoy it as a dip.
- Tabbouleh Salad – a healthy and delicious salad made from parsley, tomatoes, mint, onion and bulgur wheat, tabbouleh is a great alternative to a traditional salad.